August 8, 2012

It's all happening

Today I found out I’m having surgery next week. So it’s all happening... The first step.

It’s not just the cancer that sucks. There’s a whole lot more to it. Genetics, do you really want to know? Infertility, temporarily or not? Without a crystal ball it’s almost impossible to make all these kind of decisions.

And then all of a sudden the hypochondriac inside of you has woken up as well. Every lump, pain or complain can now mean something. You no longer trust your own body. I used to be one of those people that went with my feelings, trusted my instinct. But I cannot depend on that anymore. It’s out of the window.

I am now living in a different world. A world that exists of chemo and radiation therapy. A world where people are sick and lose their hair. The future can no longer be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment