August 20, 2012

The week after

I can't believe it's almost been a week since I've had surgery. I'm still in pain, mostly my arm and armpit. My breast not so much although it's completely yellow/blue right now. The scar is about the size of my index finger. The one under my armpit is smaller.

Want to hear something dirrrty? I can not use deodorant nor shave for about 2/3 weeks. So I'm having a huuuuge smelly armpit party!

I also haven't been able to sleep without a bra so I'm still wearing one 24 hours a day.


Remember those horrible Tell Sell commercials promoting something called the Ahh Bra? Well who would have thought they are perfect after having breast-conserving surgery?! Of course I didn't get the real thing but instead ordered the cheap knock off stuff, but still... aaahh very comfy!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I remember the long weeks sans deodorant after surgery. That and not being able to shave too cause my armpit was numb and they didnt want me accidentally cutting myself.

    I just stumbled upon your blog from another breast cancer blog... I am 29 (was 28 when I was diagnosed in January) Im sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It's a shitty thing to be dealing with at any age, but for us being so young it's kinda that last thing you'd really think you'd have to cope with.

    If you have any questions or need to rant pop over to my blog.

    Stay strong and hang in there! xxoo

    ReplyDelete