December 31, 2012

A new year in colour

Here Comes 2013

It's time to say goodbye to 2012. To be honest, I try not to think about it too much. Yes, it was the year I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm still in the middle of this roller coaster ride... it seems pointless to go over and over it again.

So here comes 2013. I know for sure I will be getting treatment for at least another year. If everything goes as planned I should finish chemo somewhere in April and then the Herceptin will go on. It's weird, isn't it? Most people don't really know what the new year is bringing them. My path is pretty clear and obvious.

But that doesn't mean I can't dream a little dream (in colour).

 
FINISH AC CHEMO
First of all I need to focus on finishing this last sucker. One more. One more, sounds so much better than four.


THE COUNT DOWN
Then I will have four chemo's left. New meds, new side effects. But a real countdown can officially start.

23/52 Crowded      09/52 Illusion  

HERCEPTIN
The rest of the year I will get Herceptin every three weeks 13x. I have to make this a part of my life. Again, find a new normal.

A House That Does Not Have One Warm, Comfy Chair In It Is Soulless      The Project  

HOME SWEET HOME
Somewhere along the way I want to see if I can move back home together with the buns. Perhaps work a few hours a week.

Symptoms Of Inner Peace     31/52 Challenge Accepted  

BODY & MIND 
But I also realize after treatment I still have a long way to go and wrap my head around everything that has been happening to me. I do want to seek professional help for this. I also want to start running and pick up yoga again.


HAIR GROW
I can't wait for my hair to grow back! I'm currently drooling over fashion blogger Karla Deras' hair. So sexy!

I hope that 2013 will bring us health, happy homes, strength, courage, lots of smiles, (inner) peace, new (old) music & love. Let us eat cupcakes and macarons! Make art, not war. Hug a bunny (or two!). Last but not least, may 2013 be the year hair grows back faster than usual.

3 comments:

  1. Whow, your blog and pictures are beautiful (again)!!
    Happy New Hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Sanne said, happy new hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciel your photos are gorgeous! You are so freaking talented woman!!!!!!! <3

    Really hoping that this last AC goes smoothly... and then you will be ALL DONE with the red devil... all done with the cyclophosphomidcadhfiafjajf!!! however you spell it! lol

    You will be so glad to have that crap behind you... And on to Taxol... I promise (crossing my fingers) it will be easier.

    Wishing for you much inner peace sweets. xo

    ReplyDelete